Planning for the future is important — not only for you, but for your loved ones. Leaving a legacy and controlling the distribution of your wealth may be among your most important goals and financial decisions, and will continue to evolve as you transition through each chapter of your family’s life.
Estate planning is not “one and done.” It is ongoing, and needs to be monitored and assessed throughout time as tax laws change, your financial landscape grows, and your family’s lives evolve.
We work collaboratively with your Attorneys and Accountants to develop and implement customized strategies that seek to mitigate your estate taxes, maximize giving opportunities throughout your lifetime, and protect assets for future generations. We work with your Attorney to help manage the ongoing administration of trusts, conduct annual reviews to ensure that your documents continue to reflect your current wishes, and protect your family and assets.
We review your existing documents with your Attorney to ensure that they are properly coordinated with your goals and objectives. If the documents are not up to par, we identify the areas that are lacking, or may have errors and omissions, leaving you and your family vulnerable.
There are a number of “non-tax” reasons for estate planning that relate to protecting existing wealth and planning the transfer of wealth through generation. We work with your attorney and accountant on several of these, including:
- Creating vehicles that provide confidentiality and privacy,
- Creating mechanisms for the efficient funding of charitable causes,
- Ensuring the proper care of minors, special needs or disabled family members, providing for financial security during times of incapacity,
- Handling or avoiding probate in multiple states,
- An effective estate strategy can spell out your healthcare wishes and ensure that that they are carried out.
- And encouraging responsible behavior by future generations when they receive an inheritance.
Effective estate management enables you to manage your affairs during your lifetime and control the distribution of your wealth after death.We work in concert with your Attorneys and Accountants to assess all of these areas.